Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Tip of the Day: Wood Storage

The tip of the day will hopefully turn out to be a tip of the day but we will see how that goes. The first tip of the day will deal with wood storage. During the course of clearing out the shop and purging my cutoffs and leftovers I figured it would be a great idea to label my pieces. Most of the time I end up using oak but some time when people request something else and I have leftover it gets lost in the clutter of the oak. Will I was sorting the cutoffs I decided that I would label all of my pieces that were not oak so that I could quickly pick them out of the piles. When it comes to sheet goods I like to keep pieces around to use for stain samples and smaller projects. I tend to stack these pieces and seeing the grain is not always the easiest so I labeled these pieces to make it easier to pick out. Another thing that I just thought about while writing this tip is to write the measurements on each piece.






No comments:

Post a Comment